quesDoes partnership deed prove tenancy without other docs

In order to get loan from a bank, the landlord signed as witness on partnership deed for a businessman who mentioned in the deed the place of business would be that particular property. The landlord only gave the property for some time on trust but did not give it on rent to the business man. The deed is 30 years old now the man declares himself as the tenant of the property on the basis of the deed, however he never paid a single rupee ever, nor does he have any rent receipt. Please advise whether that signed deed can go against the landlord?

• ansPartnership deed proves partnership and not tenancy. Tenancy can be proved by producing for the inspection of court the lease deed made with the landlord. Tenant cannot claim to be the owner on the strength of a partnership deed on which the landlord signed as a witness.