Dead grandfather leased property. No owner currently. My right on it?
My Grandfather leased a property in 1970. 2013 he expired. There's no owner currently as no owner has come to the property after 1989. What should I do in such a case? What are my legal rights on this property?
It seems your grandfather was a tenant and thus, his legal heirs will remain tenants only. If there is no owner then property shall vest in the State.
The other option is that you can try your case for ownership by adverse possession - that is when you are living in the property as an owner to the world at large for more than twelve years, you become the owner by adverse possession.
Kindly provide us more facts so that we can help you in a more appropriate manner.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Company not allowing us to buy software online. Harassing us.
- Company not making full payment after resignation, please advise
- Wife files case u/s 125 crpc, how to avoid maintenance ?
- How to deal with case if wife filed case under section 341 against me
- Name already exists can we take copyright for the same name