Dead grandfather leased property. No owner currently. My right on it?

My Grandfather leased a property in 1970. 2013 he expired. There's no owner currently as no owner has come to the property after 1989. What should I do in such a case? What are my legal rights on this property?

It seems your grandfather was a tenant and thus, his legal heirs will remain tenants only. If there is no owner then property shall vest in the State.

The other option is that you can try your case for ownership by adverse possession - that is when you are living in the property as an owner to the world at large for more than twelve years, you become the owner by adverse possession.

Kindly provide us more facts so that we can help you in a more appropriate manner.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers