queswill a govt employee be suspended if jailed for 48 hrs

My wife is filed a false case 498A against me and my father, mother, brother. I and my family went in Remand for 24 Hours. After 24 Hrs we got a bail, I did not informed our in charge officer or Personal and Administrative officer. My doubt is I remanded in jail 24Hrs is there any problem from my office side like suspension order or anything. I heard if any central or state government servant went jail more than 48Hr remand he/ she will be suspended it is truth?

• ansWhich department of central government you are employed? A government employee is liable to be placed under suspension if he remains in custody for more than 48 hours. Since you got bail after 24 hours you will not be suspended. However, immediately inform your officer in charge as you can be acted against for concealing the information of your arrest and detention.