Unjustified termination. Dues pending. What legal action can I take?
I Joined an organisation (proprietorship type) owned by a well know personality as GM. I was completely misled: 1) The profile which was promised to me was never there.
2) wasn't told about the exploitative condition in the appointment letter, it was fixed term contractual appointment for 3 years, where if the employee leaves he pays last 6 months salary & if employer wants the employee can be terminated any time / without any reason with 1 month notice / or salary
3) Unprofessional treatment / comments in office and home
4) Unjustified termination and dues not paid as per the appointment letter
What action can I take against them?
You should send a Legal notice to the organization challenging your termination on unreasonable grounds and claiming either reinstatement or full and final settlement inclusive of the dues.
We would like to inform that the Court cannot order reinstatement in a private company so all you can seek from the Court is compensation plus arrears of salary etc.
So now, if the organization refuses to pay, then you can file a recovery suit against the organization claiming damages/compensation for the treatment meted to you along with your full and final settlement.
You have a number of points that run in your favor:
a. Illegal termination: Unjustified. (on what grounds you shall have to explain)
b. Violation of principles of natural justice: (if you were not given a fair hearing)
c. Misrepresentation of the job profile.
d. Arbitrary terms of employment: Termination clause.
e. Exploitative work culture.
The other points can be added based on more information from your side.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Living in a flat for 30 years owner not allowing to do construction
- Institute denying to give certificate of the course completed
- Husband died now employer not providing PF, gratuity what should we do
- Government rejected job on compassionate grounds
- How to recover full and final settlement after resigning from company