quesUnjustified termination. Dues pending. What legal action can I take?

I Joined an organisation (proprietorship type) owned by a well know personality as GM. I was completely misled: 1) The profile which was promised to me was never there.


2) wasn't told about the exploitative condition in the appointment letter, it was fixed term contractual appointment for 3 years, where if the employee leaves he pays last 6 months salary & if employer wants the employee can be terminated any time / without any reason with 1 month notice / or salary


3) Unprofessional treatment / comments in office and home


4) Unjustified termination and dues not paid as per the appointment letter


What action can I take against them?


  • ans


    You should send a Legal notice to the organization challenging your termination on unreasonable grounds and claiming either reinstatement or full and final settlement inclusive of the dues.


    We would like to inform that the Court cannot order reinstatement in a private company so all you can seek from the Court is compensation plus arrears of salary etc.


    So now, if the organization refuses to pay, then you can file a recovery suit against the organization claiming damages/compensation for the treatment meted to you along with your full and final settlement. 


    You have a number of points that run in your favor:


    a. Illegal termination: Unjustified. (on what grounds you shall have to explain)


    b. Violation of principles of natural justice: (if you were not given a fair hearing)


    c. Misrepresentation of the job profile.


    d. Arbitrary terms of employment: Termination clause.


    e. Exploitative work culture.


    The other points can be added based on more information from your side.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I worked for a start-up company for 9 months it was my very 1st job…
recruitment procedure was irrational. but i do not have any proofs to prove it. but…
I worked with in semi govt department from 1998 to 2007. Then they terminated me.…
Sir, iam working in a deemed university, recently a new manager was appointed, iam his…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly