×

quesResign from committee of registered society.

I am a member of the committee a registered soc made by MHADA. Now i have sold the flat and want to resign. What are the formalities for that, the secretary is harassing the new buyer and not transferring the flat as he is asking for my resignation first. I don't mind but they are asking to sign an indemnity bond and i don't think that is in my interest. Can i just send my resignation to the soc? we have already moved out and given possession to the new owner.

Do i have to sign an indemnity bond to resign? Also the building is fighting with a previous developer who is claiming rights on the balance FSI which the soc wants to use for redevelopment. Due to this there is a lot of fighting in the building and a lot of law suits have been filed by the society and by the developer as well. The matter is currently with the supreme court. In this case most law suits were against the existing committee of which i was part of and all suits are still in the courts currently. What should i do to secure myself legally so no new law suits are filed against the soc with my name as i'm not in the committee and what precautions should i take for the suits already in the courts.

• ansNo indemnity bond is required to be given by you. Just submit simple resignation letter to effect that you have sold the flat and as such cannot continue as committee member. Forward a copy of your resignation letter to registrar for information.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only