quesJob cancelled due to mistake in selecting wrong category in SSC form.

I selected the wrong category in the SSC form wherein instead of OBC, I selected the General Category. After clearing all rounds (even in general category), I was not appointed finally and gave the SSC a written representation about the wrong category chosen before the due date mentioned by them to apprise them of the change in category.

It still did not work and I filed an RTI to which they said that they will go as per original entry in the form. Now I have filed this in the CIC and have a hearing date coming up.

What should be my stand and what should I do next?

The purpose of the CIC appeal is for any deficiency of information given by the PIO of the department and the first appellate authority and the applicant feels that his query has not been properly replied or replying authority intentionally concealed any information while giving the reply to the applicant.

If that happens, the CIC will give appropriate directions to the PIO to provide all the non-confidential information to the applicant. 

In this case the problem seems that the queriest is challenging the appointing authority for not considering him as OBC, where as he filed all the requisite documents well in time. If his grievance is for not calling him for an interview, the appropriate course of action is to approach the concerned High Court for getting the relief.