Job cancelled due to mistake in selecting wrong category in SSC form.

In Labour & Service Law

I selected the wrong category in the SSC form wherein instead of OBC, I selected the General Category. After clearing all rounds (even in general category), I was not appointed finally and gave the SSC a written representation about the wrong category chosen before the due date mentioned by them to apprise them of the change in category.

It still did not work and I filed an RTI to which they said that they will go as per original entry in the form. Now I have filed this in the CIC and have a hearing date coming up.

What should be my stand and what should I do next?

Answers (1)

255 votes

The purpose of the CIC appeal is for any deficiency of information given by the PIO of the department and the first appellate authority and the applicant feels that his query has not been properly replied or replying authority intentionally concealed any information while giving the reply to the applicant.

If that happens, the CIC will give appropriate directions to the PIO to provide all the non-confidential information to the applicant. 

In this case the problem seems that the queriest is challenging the appointing authority for not considering him as OBC, where as he filed all the requisite documents well in time. If his grievance is for not calling him for an interview, the appropriate course of action is to approach the concerned High Court for getting the relief.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
10 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
14 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles