quesHow can I claim damages for loss of employment for illegal termination

I was working in a company as HR manager. They stopped my salary of July and August 2013. I filed claim petition in labor court. Company claimed back that I have done misappropriation of Rs.20 lacs of company funds. During cross examination they could not sustain their argument and acknowledged illegal termination. I got the claim after 17 months. Now can I claim damages for loss of employment from them? Can this be claimed under NGT? How should I go about it?

  • ans

    Regarding your query,

    You can file a writ in the High court asking for reinstatement as you have been illegally terminated and alongwith you can file a suit for damages for loss of employment in the concerned civil court.

    You can also file a case in the Central Administrative Tribunal regarding the same issue

    Now regarding your second query,
    NGT stands for National Green Tribunal, form your query the reason for approaching the NGT is not clear.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir, I've been transferred to COCHIN from ALLAHABAD. Plz get it STAYED/QUASHED. NO SALARY has…
what is the procedure for resignation in proprietorship? In many proprietorship and small companies, original…
Sir, My last working day was 14-april-2017, in a private company in Andhra Pradesh. Our…
My husband expired in 2009 in Delhi. We both were working in a pvt company…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Vivek Mapara

  Suramya Complex
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly