Employer forcing to resign. What dues as per labor law?
My father is working in a workshop for the last 15 years and the employer is forcing my father to submit the resignation without any dues. Would need your help to understand what are the legal dues that my father is eligible as per Labor rules. i.e Gratuity,Leaves and any other dues.
If the employer terminates the services of your father, in case he doesn't resign, he will have to pay retrenchment compensation @ 15 days wages for each completed year of service. It is beside Gratuity, PF, balance earned leave encashment.
If your father resigns voluntarily then he would not be entitled to retrenchment compensation. Termination of service can also be challenged on various grounds.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Filed a case against a person now want to withdraw the case
- Regarding FB/Cyber rule.
- How to recover payment if I have blank undated cheques from a party
- How can i claim my rightful salary from the organisation i worked for?
- Faulty pacemaker what action can I take