Claiming redundancy & other benefits for harassment.
I have been working with this German multinational successfully since 18 years. The new MD started harassing me 3 years back and changed my office twice from Executive assistant to PA to Ops manager for couple of years and then to Scientific adviser and added travel portfolio to my profile. I work flexibly for half day (at half-day salary) which the previous MD agreed around 3.5 years back.
When the new MD was appointed, I showed flexibility to join full day if he wanted. He said half-day was fine and probably had malafide intentions. The MD loaded so much work to me (equivalent to two full time jobs) which I somehow successfully delivered. Now after 3 years of harassment and not finding anything against me, the company gave me a 3-months notice under the pretext of restructuring. Am I able to claim redundancy or any other benefits for harassment? How much should be a reasonable claim? How should I claim, legal notice or my own letter?
File a complaint case before your local labor commissioner. You call yourself as a workman. You are entitled to retrenchment benefit which is equal to 15 days wages for every year completed. To start with, demand your retrenchment benefit from the Company first and if not paid approach the labor commissioner.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Seller not providing property registration agreement for loan process
- Can we get share in grandfather property if our parents are divorced?
- Tenants refusing to vacate rented property,asking money for vacating
- Police not doing their job properly. What should i do about it?
- Is it mandatory to be present in the court if parties ready to settle