×

quesClaiming redundancy & other benefits for harassment.

I have been working with this German multinational successfully since 18 years. The new MD started harassing me 3 years back and changed my office twice from Executive assistant to PA to Ops manager for couple of years and then to Scientific adviser and added travel portfolio to my profile. I work flexibly for half day (at half-day salary) which the previous MD agreed around 3.5 years back.

When the new MD was appointed, I showed flexibility to join full day if he wanted. He said half-day was fine and probably had malafide intentions. The MD loaded so much work to me (equivalent to two full time jobs) which I somehow successfully delivered. Now after 3 years of harassment and not finding anything against me, the company gave me a 3-months notice under the pretext of restructuring. Am I able to claim redundancy or any other benefits for harassment? How much should be a reasonable claim? How should I claim, legal notice or my own letter?

• ansFile a complaint case before your local labor commissioner. You call yourself as a workman. You are entitled to retrenchment benefit which is equal to 15 days wages for every year completed. To start with, demand your retrenchment benefit from the Company first and if not paid approach the labor commissioner.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only