Can i apply for maternity leave in months of joining?
I have got a call letter from the Himachal State Government for the post of lecturer. I wanted to know as i am pregnant cani talk maternity benefits and leave after a couple of months of joining?
Under maternity benefit Act you are entitled to maternity leave if you have worked for 80 days in past 12 months.
Since you are planning to apply for maternity benefits in a couple of months of your joining date, you won't be entitled to any maternity leave as you have not worked for continuous 80 days in last 12 months to avail maternity benefit.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to save my alloted property by development authority in divorce
- School has put up cameras if this against our fundamental rights
- What minimum time can make a person eligible for overtime pay
- Multiple cheque bounce against brother and he is absconding
- How to evict relatives from our house