×

quesCan i apply for maternity leave in months of joining?

I have got a call letter from the Himachal State Government for the post of lecturer. I wanted to know as i am pregnant cani talk maternity benefits and leave after a couple of months of joining?

• ansUnder maternity benefit Act you are entitled to maternity leave if you have worked for 80 days in past 12 months.

Since you are planning to apply for maternity benefits in a couple of months of your joining date, you won't be entitled to any maternity leave as you have not worked for continuous 80 days in last 12 months to avail maternity benefit.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only