quesBreach of employment agreement.

I am working as an IT Professional in an organization from 1st April 2013-present date. At the time on joining i signed 2 years agreement with the organization worth 1 Lakh INR which is ending on 31st March 2015. From past 6 months at this organization i have no project and sitting idle which i presume will spoil my career. Also company has provided me a training worth 32,000 INR I have resigned from my current position and my last day is 20th November, but they are asking for complete amount 1,32,000 INR for remaining four months also. I have no issues in paying them 32,000 for training and the remaining four months on the pro-rata basis but they are not agreeing that i have tried conveyancing them multiple times.

They said once you pay the full amount then only they will give the relieving and experience letter, the company which i am joining is asking to submit the relieving letter at the time of joining which is on 24th this month. If i don't pay them they will not relieve me and i would not be able to join the other company, which may spoil my career. Is there a way if i pay them for now and get my relieving letter and after that send them a legal notice to compensate me for the recovered amount, if i file a suit is there any chance that they create problems at the time of background verification for new employer, please suggest a legal way.

  • ansIf in the terms and conditions of your service agreement there is a clause regarding payment of full year then you may need to pay. However, if it talks about pro rata basis then your claim is valid. Otherwise, If you pay now they will not refund the amount. I suggest you first make a formal representation to the higher authorities of your company asking them to address your grievance. Let them give a written reply to you. If they don't agree then pay the amount under protest and thereafter you can send a legal notice through a advocate.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi, I was working with an IT firm in indore, I met with an accident…
I worked with an organisation and they stopped my services without any notice and also…
Respected sir. My father died while in service in 2011. My working in revenue department.…

I was working with a Gym as a Floor Trainer, I didnt get any appointment…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Vivek Mapara

  Suramya Complex
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly