×

quesWill insurance company compensate 3rd party for an accident by my car?

My 19 year old daughter, who has a learner’s licence, had an accident recently wherein she drove into a small shop. I want to know that since the car is in my name, will the insurance company compensate the shop owner?

If a car driven by someone other than the owner meets with an accident or If the accident is caused by a learner, the claim is payable.  Also third-party damage is covered in a typical motor insurance.

Accidents by learners are covered provided the learner meets all the requirements of a learner’s licence—she has an active learner’s licence, is accompanied by an experienced driver with a permanent licence and an ‘L’ is painted on the front and back of the car in red on white background.

Finally, third-party property damage is payable but the claim process is long. The shop owner will have to file a claim with the motor tribunal. The tribunal will decide the claim amount due. You cannot directly have the insurance company pay the shop owner for the damage.