Insurance company denying claim as it is in the name of last owner
Bought a second hand i20 car and the same was transferred in my name on 16th. The car got accident and hit in a pillar. But the insurance company is denying us the claim because the insurance is still in the name of the previous owner?
As per your query, you cannot claim insurance if it is still in the name of the first owner of the vehicle. It’s as important to have a valid insurance policy copy in your name as it is to get the registration transferred. If the RC is registered in your name and the policy is still under the previous owner’s, then the insurance policy stands nullified.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Insurance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- what documents do i require to enrol my name in property card?
- girlfriend blackmailing a married man
- Lender did not deposit the cheque on time resulting in cheque bounce
- How to claim share in Fathers Property
- whether a case can be filed at DEO office that is also a court