INDIAN KANOON SECTION 199 IPC - Indian Penal Code - False statement made in declaration which is by law receivable as evidence
Whoever, in any declaration made or subscribed by him, which declaration any Court of Justice, or any public servant or other person, is bound or authorized by law to receive as evidence of any fact, makes any statement which is false, and which he either knows or believes to be false or does not believe to be true, touching any point material to the object for which the declaration is made or used, shall be punished in the same manner as if he gave false evidence.
Applicable OffencesFalse statement made in any declaration which by law receivable as evidence
Punishment - As for False Evidence
This is a Bailable, Non-Cognizable offence and triable by As for False Evidence
This offence in NOT compoundable.
1.If an offence is cognizable, police has the authority to arrest the accused without a warrant and to start an investigation with or without the permission of a court. Otherwise police does not have the authority to arrest the accused without a warrant and an investigation cannot be initiated without a court order.
2.If an offience is bailable, police has the authority to release the accused on bail on getting the defined surety amount along with a duly filled bail bond at the concerned police station. Otherwise arrested person has to apply for bail before a magistrate or court
3. If an offence is compoundable, a compromise can be done between the accused and the victim, and a trial can be avoided. Otherwise, No compromise is allowed between the accused and the victim except under certain situations, where the High Court or the Supreme Court have the authority for quashing a matter.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can daughter claim share in ancestral property
- Disputes regarding land pricing hindering my exit from company
- Father's ancestral property divided before birth. How can i claim it?
- What is the process to file a Public Interest Litigation(PIL)?
- Can I marry a married lady whom I loved she has a baby