INDIAN KANOON SECTION 151 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Arrest to prevent the commission of cognizable offences
- A police officer knowing of a design to commit any cognizable offence may arrest, without orders from a Magistrate and without a warrant, the person so designing, if it appears to such officer that the commission of the offence cannot be otherwise prevented.
- No person arrested under Sub-Section (1) shall be detained in custody for a period exceeding twenty-four hours from the time of his arrest unless his further detention is required or authorised under any other provisions of this Code or of any other law for the time being in force.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Owner not allowing us to use terrace what legal action can we take ?
- People blackmailing after tracking my personal information
- How to file a bail application for arrest under Section 399 IPC?
- Is will on a plain paper a valid will
- How to initiate proceedings against a telecom company for cheating