How can I get bail in a non bailable offence?

I have been framed in a case by some people and the Police is saying that the charges against me are non bailable in nature. How can I get bail in a non bailable offence?


You have to apply to the Magistrate court for regular bail, and it will be the discretion of the court to grant Bail or not.
Section 437 of CrPC lays down provision, wherein, regular bail may be applied by the accused. 

When any person is arrested in relation to an offence which is non-bailable has to apply for bail under section 437 Cr. P.C. before a Magistrate. 

The bail is usually denied under following circumstances as reproduced hereunder: 
(i) That the accused involved in an offence which is punishable with death or imprisonment for life;
(ii) The person who has been previously convicted for an offence punishable with death, imprisonment for life or  Imprisonment for seven years or more, or he had been previously convicted. 
(iii) Possibility of interference with justice by influencing witnesses.

If charge-sheet is not filed within 60 days from the date of arrest then accused is entitled to statutory bail is under section 167 Cr. P.C.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
26 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Hi sir , someone ladged fake case against me as complain case. we have got directly warrent notice from court. now how we will get bail from court . t…

Read More

If any person with put a fact voileting the provision under section 115 of indian evidance act.what is a legal status of that fact? please cote the ru…

Read More

Sir,my father is a owner of a commercial room 500 meters away from our home.Tenant of that room neither doing business nor signed room aggriment since…

Read More

sir, I am Deepak and i have work partnership in computer embroidery last year and after six month partnership break and then i return partnership shar…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue