How can I quash the FIR by compromise with the complainant?

I have come to terms with the person who had filed a criminal complaint against me and now they are willing to compromise with me. How can the FIR against me quashed through compromise with the complainant?

Answer

For quashing the FIR by compromise with complainant, a petition needs to be filed before the concerned High Court under Section 482 of Criminal procedural code

The High Court has inherent power to quash the criminal proceedings even in those cases which are non compoundable, where the parties have settled the matter between themselves. However, this power is to be exercised sparingly and with caution.

Such a power of quashing is not being exercised in those cases which involve heinous and serious offences like murder, rape, dacoity, etc. or offence involving fraud with public at large.