When and where can I apply for anticipatory bail?

06-Sep-2023 (In Criminal Law)
When and where can I apply for an anticipatory bail in case someone has filed criminal complaint against me and Police may have registered an FIR?
Answers (1)

Answer #1
99 votes
Anticipatory bail is applied when there is apprehension of arrest in which written complaint is filed, that person/accused may apply for the anticipatory bail before sessions court or High Court u/s 438 Cr. P.C.
For getting the anticipatory bail the person may approach the High Court or the Sessions Court, as soon as the person apprehends that he may be arrested.

You should consult a good lawyer for grant of an anticipatory bail.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."