Traveling to USA for 3 years Passport expiring
Please let me know if there is a minimum passport validity period required to travel to US? My passport is Expiring in 1 year. I have got H1B Visa for US. I want to travel for 3 years. Please let me know if I should get my passport renewed? Is it mandatory?
Your passport should be valid on your entry in USA. If your passport is expiring during your stay you have to get it renewed from the Indian embassy. Visitors travelling to USA are required to have passports valid for period of 6 months beyond period of their intended stay in USA . In case, your passport is expiring in one year's time better get your passport renewed before you travel as US authorities may give I 94 only till your passport validity although your HIB visa is for 3 years.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Immigration Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- what can i file against RCR
- Buying a flat on my mother's name can sister ask for her share in it
- I have possession of land given by collector to our community
- Whether remaining sons have right over gifted property
- Can it be trademark case if work under somewhat similar name?