×

quesTraveling to USA for 3 years Passport expiring

Please let me know if there is a minimum passport validity period required to travel to US? My passport is Expiring in 1 year. I have got H1B Visa for US. I want to travel for 3 years. Please let me know if I should get my passport renewed? Is it mandatory?

• ansYour passport should be valid on your entry in USA. If your passport is expiring during your stay you have to get it renewed from the Indian embassy. Visitors travelling to USA are required to have passports valid for period of 6 months beyond period of their intended stay in USA . In case, your passport is expiring in one year's time better get your passport renewed before you travel as US authorities may give I 94 only till your passport validity although your HIB visa is for 3 years.