how to stop brother wife from demanding property
My father is paralytic and he has 2 sons got two portions of double bedrooms in 275 sqft.area. Both my brothers are married, we are three sisters , my younger brothers wife is now asking for one portions as she thinks her husbands salary is very less and he cannot look after her,my mother does not want to divide the property right now what should we do .
Kindly confirm whether disputed property is self acquired or ancestral property of your father. In case, this property nature is self acquired, she can't claim over it. If it is ancestral property, property right shall be distribute equally between all children and one partition goes to your father. Hence, in this case, your small house can't distribute but share shall be calculated on market value of the property. Therefore, you can give some amount to your brother by preparing register family settlement deed or Register Partition Deed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Right of widowed daughter in law in father in law's property
- Civil Suit Permanent and Mandatory Injunction dismissed with defalut
- Clarification on property rights
- Case of physical assault by member of same family what action possible
- How can I claim share in my family property