queshow to stop brother wife from demanding property

My father is paralytic and he has 2 sons got two portions of double bedrooms in 275 sqft.area. Both my brothers are married, we are three sisters , my younger brothers wife is now asking for one portions as she thinks her husbands salary is very less and he cannot look after her,my mother does not want to divide the property right now what should we do .

  • ansKindly confirm whether disputed property is self acquired or ancestral property of your father. In case, this property nature is self acquired, she can't claim over it. If it is ancestral property, property right shall be distribute equally between all children and one partition goes to your father. Hence, in this case, your small house can't distribute but share shall be calculated on market value of the property. Therefore, you can give some amount to your brother by preparing register family settlement deed or Register Partition Deed.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi, below questions.my wiFe filed a 498 sec. 1. Can i be convicted of my…
I was 3 months pregnant when I got to know my husband demanded money from…
We belongs to hindu religion...we are from andhrapradesh state.. my mother got some property.I explain…
I am 21 years old pursuing my graduation. i don't have good relationship with my…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Adovcate B. Srikiran

 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Sadanand Naik

  Gandhi Nagar
 Experience: 12 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly