Hindu undivided family property, can i share from grandfather?
I live abroad. My family in India ( parents, grandmother, brother his wife and daughter) run living expenses on my grandfathers HUF. I bought a house and asked my father to lend me some money. He refused. I need to know if I ask for partition of HUF from my grandfathers HUF, then in future am I entitled also to a share in my father's HUF, or can he will it all away to my older brother.
You can ask for partition now there is no legal hurdle. In future you will be having full right to get share in your father's own property / property received in partition. Your step to seek partition at this stage will not debar you to seek share in your father's property.
Advocate Sameer Kumar ShrivastavaLashkar, Gwalior
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Court's action on charge-sheet
- How to do division of property among property
- original documents & IN person representation for my case
- Builder is not giving the confirmation should I deal with landowner
- can husband give the property to his wife for gift deed?