Hindu undivided family property, can i share from grandfather?

I live abroad. My family in India ( parents, grandmother, brother his wife and daughter) run living expenses on my grandfathers HUF. I bought a house and asked my father to lend me some money. He refused. I need to know if I ask for partition of HUF from my grandfathers HUF, then in future am I entitled also to a share in my father's HUF, or can he will it all away to my older brother.

Answers (2)

493 votes

This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

223 votes

You can ask for partition now there is no legal hurdle. In future you will be having full right to get share in your father's own property / property received in partition. Your step to seek partition at this stage will not debar you to seek share in your father's property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."