×

quesHindu undivided family property, can i share from grandfather?

I live abroad. My family in India ( parents, grandmother, brother his wife and daughter) run living expenses on my grandfathers HUF. I bought a house and asked my father to lend me some money. He refused. I need to know if I ask for partition of HUF from my grandfathers HUF, then in future am I entitled also to a share in my father's HUF, or can he will it all away to my older brother.

This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

• ansYou can ask for partition now there is no legal hurdle. In future you will be having full right to get share in your father's own property / property received in partition. Your step to seek partition at this stage will not debar you to seek share in your father's property.