Can i be convicted under dowry prohibition act for false case?
Dear Experts, i got married in 2014 Feb..the expenditure of marriage was shared by me and my wife's family. As they are from Vishakapatnam and unable to come here for marriage arrangement..they transferred money into my account Rs. 2 Lakhs..Immediately after marriage our relationship turned into sour because of her past life and attitude which is egoist and without remorse.....Rather than telling their daughter to settle, they preferred to ask for MCD and 5 Lakhs alimony against 2 Lakhs which they now claiming as DOWRY which they paid on my demand. Can i be convicted u/s 3 and 4 OF Dowry Prohibition Act?
Yes they can state that the amount was demanded by you as dowry and you can be prosecuted for the same.
We suggest that you should amicably settle the matter and file a Mutual Consent Divorce under Section 13 B of Hindu Marriage Act
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Father trying to remove my name from a joint property
- Will winter break will be counted in leave am I liable for increment
- Being implicated in a false case by Ex girlfriend
- Do I have any right on mothers grandfather's property
- Company not giving bonus what can be done