quesCan i be convicted under dowry prohibition act for false case?

Dear Experts, i got married in 2014 Feb..the expenditure of marriage was shared by me and my wife's family. As they are from Vishakapatnam and unable to come here for marriage arrangement..they transferred money into my account Rs. 2 Lakhs..Immediately after marriage our relationship turned into sour because of her past life and attitude which is egoist and without remorse.....Rather than telling their daughter to settle, they preferred to ask for MCD and 5 Lakhs alimony against 2 Lakhs which they now claiming as DOWRY which they paid on my demand. Can i be convicted u/s 3 and 4 OF Dowry Prohibition Act?

• ansYes they can state that the amount was demanded by you as dowry and you can be prosecuted for the same.

We suggest that you should amicably settle the matter and file a Mutual Consent Divorce under Section 13 B of Hindu Marriage Act