×

quesBrother in legal trouble.

My brother was lived with a girl then they married in Hindu religion but they both are Muslim after their marriage 3 years later my brother left her because of her bad habits like she drinks, dating with other man etc. but they did not divorced that time now suddenly she came our home after 4 years when my brother left her and she said that i want to live with him but my brother doesn't want to live with her but she took someone who is pretending herself a mahila mandal sadasya. and that person whose saying herself a mahila mandal sadasya provoke her very much to say that and that now please guide me to what to do?

• ansYour brother can get rid of his marriage by filing for divorce. You have stated that she has extra marital relations, if that is true then your brother can file for divorce on the ground of her infidelity. Did your brother and his wife convert legally to Islam? If a legally valid conversion took place then your brother may exercise the rights available to a Muslim man. A lot will depend on the validity of conversion.