What is the procedure to get house transferred in my name by mother?
My mother wants to transfer her property in my name. The property is in Vasant Kunj. The house is in her name. She now wants to give it to me. How should we go about it? Should we get a Will made or should we use the property papers to get the house transferred under my name?
If you need to transfer the property during the lifetime of your mother then your mother should execute a Gift Deed. Otherwise, she can execute a Will.
The difference is that the Will shall come into effect only after the death of the mother. Gift deed is more secure only difficulty is you have to pay stamp duty.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Difference of dates in document will it hamper selection in IBPS
- What is the registrations of Semi-closed system payments on RBI?
- Can I marry my cousin sister
- Are employees of private companies entitled to national holidays
- Rights of Christian widow with no children in husband's property