quesWhat is the procedure to get house transferred in my name by mother?

My mother wants to transfer her property in my name. The property is in Vasant Kunj. The house is in her name. She now wants to give it to me. How should we go about it? Should we get a Will made or should we use the property papers to get the house transferred under my name?

If you need to transfer the property during the lifetime of your mother then your mother should execute a Gift Deed. Otherwise, she can execute a Will.

The difference is that the Will shall come into effect only after the death of the mother. Gift deed is more secure only difficulty is you have to pay stamp duty.