quesWhat is the procedure to get house transferred in my name by mother?

My mother wants to transfer her property in my name. The property is in Vasant Kunj. The house is in her name. She now wants to give it to me. How should we go about it? Should we get a Will made or should we use the property papers to get the house transferred under my name?


  • ans


    If you need to transfer the property during the lifetime of your mother then your mother should execute a Gift Deed. Otherwise, she can execute a Will.


    The difference is that the Will shall come into effect only after the death of the mother. Gift deed is more secure only difficulty is you have to pay stamp duty.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

I need to ask whether I should use legal stamp(Rs. 10, Rs. 20 etc.) paper…
How to check for property title ownership, for property registered before 2004. We don't have…
My Father is in PSU company as a senior fitter & their income is nearly…
can u help me with ration card and succession certificate income certificate

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Richa Relhan

  Commonwealth Games Village
 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Atit Jain

 Experience: 7 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly