What does the term "disposed off" mean?
We had done a case for our appointments: court directed the Dept. to give us appointments with in four weeks. Last line of our judgement is: "In view of this, the present petition is disposed of, so also the pending application(s), if any. No costs.
Kindly tell me if, anybody can take stay or delay our process doing another case?
Meaning of Disposed Off When you file a case, it is either decreed or dismissed. In your case it was decreed that the Department shall provide you the appointment within 4 weeks. In view of the decree, the case that you had filed stands disposed off i.e., the case has reached its conclusion with the passing of the judgment by the Honorable Court and that no costs are to be awarded to you which means the parties in the suit/case are to bear their own costs.
Yes, every case can be appealed. If your department appeals, then the appellate authority might stay the decree passed by the lower court. It is my advice that you immediately file a caveat in the higher court with immediate effect which is valid for a period of 90 days but you must do so within 30 days of passing of the decree in your favor. Once a caveat is filed, the higher court cannot grant a stay without hearing you out first as per principles of natural justice.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can i file complaint against my in laws for mental harrasment
- Payed amount as advance towards buying property now seller ignoring
- False report by doctor in case of motor accident how can I file case
- Father discharged from army is eligible to disability pension?
- Company not paying my dues. How do I recover my money after resigning?