My wife was govt employee deceased in feb 2007 leaving husband (myself) and a 4 months Son. She took House building advance from office where she works also i am working in the same office. My inlaws asked information of her account receivable and payables to office under RTI. Office declared the matter disputed and asked me and my inlaws to bring the sucession certificate after that my inlaws produced the WILL in front of office which was not at all in existence also there are many mistake in the will such as house details are not written correctly her address is not written completely where she resides while making will.
Is the office stand legal to ask for succession cert and held up the matter? all the due receivables and payables PF, death grautity, house loan payment are held up till date? House was nominated to me and society and grampanchayat did all the trasfer procedure to my name i have submitted all the transfer documents to the office and requested to free the house since it was nominated to me by form "K" which relates to nominatyion in co hou societies and shown my interest to pay up the dues outstanding on house but still things are pending house is in my possession interest burden is increasing office calling my inlaws but they are not coming. i feel my son and myself are the legal heir? can you please write what would be the judgement regarding succession certificate?
my in-laws have submitted the will in court too. what is the rules for Providend fund? my office says there is no nomination in pf account? my in-laws received the amount of my wifes LIC policies around 7 lakh policies was taken before marriage and they were nominee in that. i am aware that nominee is only liable to receive fund but he has to give it to legal heirs. but they are not giving. what is the time period to claim the amount from them it is now complete 7 years. Can my son claim the amount after he becomes major?
Office is justified in asking for succession certificate. If will is produced probate is necessary as far as house is concerned nominee is only a trustee for all legal heirs . on your wife death . her mother you and your child have 1/3rs share in house. If in laws have produced will and notice served upon you then you have to oppose grant of probate as will is forged and fabricated. If no nomination is made in pf account then you would need succession certificate to get provident fund dues.
Section 39 of the Insurance Act says the appointed nominee will be paid, though he may not be the legal heir. The nominee, in turn, is supposed to hold the proceeds in trust and the legal heir can claim the money.in your case you and your child have claim on said proceeds received by your in laws . you should file claim within period of 3 years.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Institute promised to provide placement but did not, what can be done
- Whether Will prepared by a tenant to transfer his tenancy valid ?
- Will two different names in documents be a problem
- Person gave token money for land and sold it to 3rd party what to do
- 4 years of marriage want divorce