Is it possible that step father's name be father's name in documents?
While getting my son's admission in school we faced a problem in introducing my second husband as his father's name as the birth certificate declared my first husband as his father.
Yet due to our personal relations with the school principle, we were able to introduce my second husband as his father. I wanted to confirm if we need to undergo some legal proceeding (like legal adoption) or something so that my son will not face any problem in future?
Yes, your second husband shall have to legally adopt your son or else he cannot use his name and he shall have to use the name of his natural father.
However, this process is cumbersome. If you require help with respect to adoption please let us know.
First we would suggest that you check your eligibility with respect to the adoption on this link:
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Person took my phone details can i file complaint
- If I file divorce during my pregnancy what are my child's right
- How to get share for my mother's property which is purchased by other
- Organisation withheld pension benefits what action can I take
- Can brother sell Joint Home in the name of Mother on power of attorney