Is it possible that step father's name be father's name in documents?
While getting my son's admission in school we faced a problem in introducing my second husband as his father's name as the birth certificate declared my first husband as his father.
Yet due to our personal relations with the school principle, we were able to introduce my second husband as his father. I wanted to confirm if we need to undergo some legal proceeding (like legal adoption) or something so that my son will not face any problem in future?
Yes, your second husband shall have to legally adopt your son or else he cannot use his name and he shall have to use the name of his natural father.
However, this process is cumbersome. If you require help with respect to adoption please let us know.
First we would suggest that you check your eligibility with respect to the adoption on this link:
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- No nominee appointed yet by the bank what will happen to the property
- My brother has no child who will get share in his property after death
- Payed EMIs properly. Now company making false allegation for new loan
- Is court fees applicable to file cheque bounce case for stop payment
- Brother in law harassing and husband not getting separate what to do