×

quesIs it possible that step father's name be father's name in documents?

While getting my son's admission in school we faced a problem in introducing my second husband as his father's name as the birth certificate declared my first husband as his father.

Yet due to our personal relations with the school principle, we were able to introduce my second husband as his father. I wanted to confirm if we need to undergo some legal proceeding (like legal adoption) or something so that my son will not face any problem in future?

Yes, your second husband shall have to legally adopt your son or else he cannot use his name and he shall have to use the name of his natural father.

However, this process is cumbersome. If you require help with respect to adoption please let us know.

First we would suggest that you check your eligibility with respect to the adoption on this link: