Is it possible that step father's name be father's name in documents?

While getting my son's admission in school we faced a problem in introducing my second husband as his father's name as the birth certificate declared my first husband as his father.

Yet due to our personal relations with the school principle, we were able to introduce my second husband as his father. I wanted to confirm if we need to undergo some legal proceeding (like legal adoption) or something so that my son will not face any problem in future?

Answers (1)

448 votes

Yes, your second husband shall have to legally adopt your son or else he cannot use his name and he shall have to use the name of his natural father.

However, this process is cumbersome. If you require help with respect to adoption please let us know.

First we would suggest that you check your eligibility with respect to the adoption on this link:

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles