quesHow to include name in property documents of other person?

i am lending some money to a known person and he has agricultural land. I need to include my name in his property so that my money is secure. How can I include my name in his property papers? Else how else can I secure my money?

• ansWe suggest you to execute a sale deed with the lender therein describing your portion of land and get the same registered.

By virtue of sale deed you will become the owner of the land and thereafter accordingly you can submit the paper to the tesildhar.

• ansExecute a promissory note with revenue stamp and signature of person to whom you are lending money. You can't get your name on his property documents. Otherwise for lending money you need licence. You can also take a post dated security cheque.

Advocate Ashima Puri

Saket District Court, Delhi