How to check whether previous owner left Will or not?
How do I know if a person has left a Will. I have purchased a property and I want to know where I can check if the previous owner has left a will or not?
Before purchase of property you must do due diligence. Ask legal heirs of deceased owner whether said owner died intestate or left a will. If he left a Will was it registered or not.
If it is registered document you can take search from sub registrar office. If it is unregistered will and probate has been applied for you can check court records.
If he died intestate has succession certificate been obtained. Ask legal heirs to give in writing said details on an affidavit.
If you have already purchased the property the Will of the previous owner shall not be considered. So, do not worry about the Will of the previous owner.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Show Casue Notice for termination of service
- Conviction awarded u/s 11 of pocso act under presumption is this legal
- can keep the children but do not want to give any money to wife
- Could hotel confine it's guest if he is unable to make payment
- Property sold which was taken as surety for bail what can i do