×

quesHow to check whether previous owner left Will or not?

How do I know if a person has left a Will. I have purchased a property and I want to know where I can check if the previous owner has left a will or not?

• ansBefore purchase of property you must do due diligence. Ask legal heirs of deceased owner whether said owner died intestate or left a will. If he left a Will was it registered or not.

If it is registered document you can take search from sub registrar office. If it is unregistered will and probate has been applied for you can check court records.

If he died intestate has succession certificate been obtained. Ask legal heirs to give in writing said details on an affidavit.

If you have already purchased the property the Will of the previous owner shall not be considered. So, do not worry about the Will of the previous owner.