How to change the surname of my son to my current husband's sir name?
I got divorced and remarried wherein I have a son from my ex husband. Now I want to admit my son to the school and want his sir name to be the sir name of my current husband. How should I get this done?
If it is a divorce case and as your son is a minor then,
you are required to take written consent from the biological father after obtaining the consent letter.
New father will have to execute an adoption deed
the said adoption deed have to be registered have to be before the sub registrar.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My grandparent not giving property to my dad
- Harrasment /Sexual abuse by collegue and his family
- re marriage after divorce through mediation - Hindu
- Minor son as the owner of the property
- marriage not registered so how do i change my address after marriage