How to change the surname of my son to my current husband's sir name?

I got divorced and remarried wherein I have a son from my ex husband. Now I want to admit my son to the school and want his sir name to be the sir name of my current husband. How should I get this done?

Answers (1)

285 votes

If it is a divorce case and as your son is a minor then,

you are required to take written consent from the biological father after obtaining the consent letter.

New father will have to execute an adoption deed 

the said adoption deed have to be registered have to be before the sub registrar. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
7 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles