×

queshow can i transfer the website ownership

Mr. X was running a website in his own name later he formed his own Pvt. Ltd.company in which he is also director and majority shareholder. The company has its own websites and running fine. Now he wants to transfer ownership of earlier website to his company. 1) Does this require buy & sell agreement between X and his company? 2) Should the agreement be registered or just in plain paper? 3) Is there any requirement of company resolution? 4) Should X sell website in Free of cost or charge some price to company? How much he can charge?

• ans it is better you enter into written agreement for sale of your website to the company . 2) it should be executed on stamp paper need not be registered . 3)for purchase of website company should pass a resolution . 4)since website was generating revenue you should determine annual revenue less running expenses and multiply it by 3. 5) your website traffic statistics, financial figures will help you in determining value for your website