how can i transfer the website ownership

Mr. X was running a website in his own name later he formed his own Pvt. in which he is also director and majority shareholder. The company has its own websites and running fine. Now he wants to transfer ownership of earlier website to his company. 1) Does this require buy & sell agreement between X and his company? 2) Should the agreement be registered or just in plain paper? 3) Is there any requirement of company resolution? 4) Should X sell website in Free of cost or charge some price to company? How much he can charge?

Answers (1)

414 votes
it is better you enter into written agreement for sale of your website to the company . 2) it should be executed on stamp paper need not be registered . 3)for purchase of website company should pass a resolution . 4)since website was generating revenue you should determine annual revenue less running expenses and multiply it by 3. 5) your website traffic statistics, financial figures will help you in determining value for your website

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles