Fees required on leaving course.
If I leave an institute in which i have paid the fee for first year for college and have deposited a bank guarantee for the following years for the duration of the course, how much fee should be forfeited on leaving the course? The college rules or bank guarantee agreement has no dates mentioned of till when a course can be left. Plus, I got this seat through the first counseling and future counselings are still pending so this seat wont go wasted and another student will take it up and will pay fee accordingly.
Is there any regulation on this? I was told unofficially by the college administration that I might lose all the fee for the full duration of the course. Please let me know what can be done.
In case institute admits another student then it is bound to refund your fees after making nominal deductions . please note that institute cannot be put to an loss for your change of mind. Inform institute that you don't want to continue.
To cancel your admission and grant you refund of fees and return your bank guarantee, if institute refuses move consumer forum for necessary reliefs for refund of fees with interest.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to start a defense contracts company in India ?
- Made a statement in public institute asking to apologize
- Parents harass their daughter. Can 3rd person file a complaint?
- Where can I file a cheque bounce case
- Unable to pay phone EMI how can I save myself