quesencashing FDR of late father

How can I encash FDRs of my late father? Nominee is my cousin sister and she wants to keep the money herself and is in possession of FDR receipts. I am the only legal heir of my late father and is holding valid succession certificate of court as well as legal heir ship certificate of both district magistrate & income tax department in my name.

• ansYou are advised to approach the banker through your written representation stating about the legal heir and also successor of your deceased father. The nominee is appointed for the purpose to receive the amount after the death of the depositorm but nominee is not entitle to claim the amount and personal use. The deposit will be withdrawn in the name of nominee and handed over to the legal heir ,successor only. You are further advised to file a civil suit against the bank and also nominee and claim the deposit of your deceased father as legal heir and successor.