encashing FDR of late father
How can I encash FDRs of my late father? Nominee is my cousin sister and she wants to keep the money herself and is in possession of FDR receipts. I am the only legal heir of my late father and is holding valid succession certificate of court as well as legal heir ship certificate of both district magistrate & income tax department in my name.
You are advised to approach the banker through your written representation stating about the legal heir and also successor of your deceased father. The nominee is appointed for the purpose to receive the amount after the death of the depositorm but nominee is not entitle to claim the amount and personal use. The deposit will be withdrawn in the name of nominee and handed over to the legal heir ,successor only. You are further advised to file a civil suit against the bank and also nominee and claim the deposit of your deceased father as legal heir and successor.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Punishment in Criminal 420 case
- cheque bounce case, accused got stay order from High court.
- Paying capital gains on the amount mentioned in agreement of sale
- How to remove false allegations made in divorce case and then divorce?
- Can 498A & 304B accused join MNC companies