can i travel if I have ECR on my passport?
My passport has a ECR (Emigration check required) stamp on it and i am about to travel overseas. Will this cause a problem at the immigration? If yes, how to get rid of this issue?
As per Emigration Act, 1983, “ emigration” means that leaving of India of any Indian citizen with the intend to take up employment in a foreign country.
The idea behind ECR is for safety of Indian citizen due to the legal conditions of other countries and is based on various situation /conditions.
If you have ECR that means you require emigration clearance from office Protector of Emigrants (POE) .
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- False dowry case what can I do
- Submitted forged documents company withheld my salary
- Can father take house in daughter's name from ancestral property money
- Defect in car - what action can i take against company
- In-laws and husband started torturing after marriage now avoiding call