×

quescan i travel if I have ECR on my passport?

My passport has a ECR (Emigration check required) stamp on it and i am about to travel overseas. Will this cause a problem at the immigration? If yes, how to get rid of this issue?

As per  Emigration Act, 1983, “ emigration” means that leaving of India of any Indian citizen  with the intend to take up employment in a foreign country.

The idea behind ECR is for safety of Indian citizen due to the legal conditions of other countries and is based on various situation /conditions.

If you have ECR that means you require emigration clearance from office Protector of Emigrants (POE)   .

• Apply For Name Change In CBSE Marksheet/Birth Certificate

Click here to see all Documentation Legal Services