wife seeking maintenance for herself and daughter
I left my matrimonial home before 19 months because they forced me to get out of their home. And my husband and mother in law threatened me that they will send me out of their home without my baby..after their continuous torture. I left their home. But me and my parents tried to convince my husband continuously. We filed a case. But they didn't accept me and my kid. Now i like to take legal step for getting compensation. Which law is best for me to get compensation ?? Maintenance or domestic violence? Some lawyers advise me to go for dv act. Some advice me for maintenance. Im in total confusion. I don't like to take revenge on my husband. I just need alimony from him. I have a 5 yr old girl baby. Please tell me which act is best for me to get permanent alimony.
You can file a maintenance case against your husband under section 125 of Crpc for your child and yourself.
You can not file a domestic violence case can not be filed after one year of separation.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Do my father and uncle need separate lawyer to file partition case?
- Claiming redundancy & other benefits for harassment.
- Salary cheque dishonored even after quitting co. with due procedure.
- What will be the expiry date of lease if no date is mentioned in lease
- Ex-parte Stay Order on Defamation Case on fresh Writ Petetion.