quesWife filed for 498A, Streedhan & case for maintenance

We married in 1991 and we have three girls. My wife filed 498a and a case for returning streedhan in 2010 and now she filed for maintenance case. I am sending money for family expense and we have a health insurance for whole family. After I filed a case for restitution she again came to my home and is now residing there with my kids and my old mother.

Would you advice me, how can I defend the maintenance case.

  • ansYou can hire a detective agency to gather evidence of her adultery. You can then file a criminal complaint of adultery against her partner. File for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty and adultery and stop paying monthly expenses to your wife as she is now claiming for maintenance. Come back to India and obtain AB in 498A case and fight case on merits.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Ours was a love marriage and married for the last 10 eight years. I have…
I got married on 29 April 2013. In December I came yo know that my…
Hi. My marriage was on 5th March 2017.my family forced me for marriage bt I…

How can I get Divorced from my husband, as he is always in his family's favour (mother,…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly