Wife filed false case. Demanding jewelry which is with her. Options?
2 years ago a marriage happened in my relatives. The Girl stayed with us for 2 months and for 3 months she was at her parent’s house. We objected but she did not come back. She says she will not come back unless the boy stays in a separate house. We also filed section 9 conjugal rights.
They replied putting false allegations like harassment, dowry, etc on the boy and they also went to mahila aayog who are not willing on settling the situation. The girl demands all jewelry, 7 lacs for the money spent on marriage.
We have no jewelry as she has taken it all. What should I do in this case?
First of all we have to examine the prayer in the reply of your wife filed for your petition filed under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955.
Secondly, we would like to know whether any Criminal Complaint for dowry has been filed against you by your wife at the nearest police station.
In case no complaint is filed against you, in such a case you are not bound to give any jewellery or Rs. 7 lacs and further we would suggest you not to do any settlement with the Mahila aayog.
Further, we would suggest you to file the response to the application filed by your wife denying all the allegations levied against you. On being satisfied, after hearing both the parties, the Court will pass its order.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What share am I entitled to in my father's property?
- Wife filed harassment case against me what can I do
- claim on this property on ancestral basis
- Legal remedy for altering the eligibility for appearing in Neet exam
- Police denying custody of person taken by them.