Wife filed false case. Demanding jewelry which is with her. Options?

2 years ago a marriage happened in my relatives. The Girl stayed with us for 2 months and for 3 months she was at her parent’s house. We objected but she did not come back. She says she will not come back unless the boy stays in a separate house. We also filed section 9 conjugal rights.


They replied putting false allegations like harassment, dowry, etc on the boy and they also went to mahila aayog who are not willing on settling the situation. The girl demands all jewelry, 7 lacs for the money spent on marriage.


We have no jewelry as she has taken it all. What should I do in this case?




First of all we have to examine the prayer in the reply of your wife filed for your petition filed under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955.


Secondly, we would like to know whether any Criminal Complaint for dowry has been filed against you by your wife at the nearest police station.


In case no complaint is filed against you, in such a case you are not bound to give any jewellery or Rs. 7 lacs and further we would suggest you not to do any settlement with the Mahila aayog. 


Further, we would suggest you to file the response to the application filed by your wife denying all the allegations levied against you. On being satisfied, after hearing both the parties, the Court will pass its order.


Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

My frnd filed for divorce in August 2016 but his wife filed dowry case against him.now 1 year is completed... Further nothing happened yet. I want to …

Read More

My wife has her house for 2 years. She sent a divorce notice 4 months ago. I talked about then her family demanded 2 lakh rupees and my jewelry was al…

Read More

If in a false dowry case, after 2-3 meetings before filing charge sheet, the case settles down and the girl comes to boy's house and an affidavit …

Read More

My wife family gave false dowry demand case on my family because of ego clash.. I don't want to live with my wife, as she playing with my family. …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue