What if husband is unable to pay maintenance. What punishment for him?
If a wife seeks for monthly maintenance while a divorce case is in continuation and husband is unable to pay the amount ruled out by the court, what is the punishment the husband is entitled to?
If the husband fails to comply with maintenance order the court can pass arrest warrant against husband.
Further court can attach husbands property and can recover the amount from husband property
One can file execution proceedings and still on failure, by issuing non bailable warrant keep the husband in civil prison also can attach his property and recover the said amount.further one can also initiate the criminal prosecution against the said failure.
Advocate Sagar KothariDistrict Court Shivajinagar, Pune
1) For non payment of maintenance ordered by the court the husband can be sent to jail until her is able to pay up.
2) It is advisable to pay up and move a petition to contest the amount ordered by the court requesting it to be reduced.
Advocate S J MathewThane, Mumbai
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What defence does presiding officer have against revengeful complaint?
- can i get Alimony
- Mutual divorce alimony not settled. Want to remarry. What to do?
- Can I get stay order from high court
- If i prepare papers in mumbai can i submit divorce paper in bangalore?