What are the factors that determine amount of maintenance to be paid?
me and my wife are planning to go for a mutual consent divorce. I wanted to know about the alimony she might demand from me.
We both are working in an IT MNC. My wife earns more than me around 16 lakhs per annum and I get around 10 lakhs. She is the only child for her parents and has her own house as well.
Please let me know on what factors alimony will be decided.
Firstly, in cases of divorce by mutual consent, alimony, if any demanded by the wife is also decided mutually.
However in your case, since your wife is already earning way more than you, legally she is not entitled to ask for alimony,
Although you shall be required to return her stridhan if any.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Completed work in my company but F and F not paid till date what to do
- Shared post related to a person can that person file a case against me
- If a landowner has a right to gain RWA membership?
- Father was in the profession of agriculture in his income taxable
- Father gave property through gift deed can brother revoke gift deed