What are my rights after being in a live in relationship for 8 years?
What are my legal rights if I was in a live-in relationship for 8 and a half years and now my partner is getting married to another girl.
What all cases can I file against my partner? Can I get his marriage cancelled anyhow?
He is a sikh and I am a Hindu.
Under provisions of domestic violence act you are entitled to seek maintenance from your live in partner.
You are also entitled to seek alternative accommodation from him.
Since no marriage has been solemnized with you your partner is free to marry any girl he so desires.
Sikhs are regarded as Hindus and governed by provisions of Hindu Marriage act.
Marriage of your partner cannot be dissolved.
If you had relationship with your partner under promise of marriage you can file police complaint against him for cheating.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Insurance policy lapsed how can I get back my money
- options of divorce under Muslim law
- Father transferring ancestral property to other people how to stop him
- Purchased a property which was passed through a gift deed not aware of
- Brought a land in my wife's name authorities took over the land